We gather to worship at 10:30 on Sundays, 1427 Monte Vista Drive in Mount Vernon, Washington. Get in touch with us at 360.428.4661.
We are in the season of Advent. The word Advent means “coming” or “arrival.” The focus of the season is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in His First Advent, and the anticipation of the return of Christ the King in His Second Advent.
Advent is marked by a spirit of expectation, of anticipation, of preparation, of longing. May this be a time of preparing your hearts, and welcoming Jesus to dwell and abide within your hearts in a new and fresh way this season.
We are part of the Christian Reformed Church of North America. This means that our roots are in the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century. We still hold to the principles promoted by the Reformation:
- Sola Scriptura, The Bible alone is our authority because it is our source of knowledge of God’s Will.
- Sola Gratia, Grace alone, that is God’s free gift of his love and forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ, restores people to a right relationship with the Lord.
- Sola Fide, Faith alone, and not our best efforts at becoming good enough for God, is the way we become God’s own children.
- Solus Christus, Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria, we live to the glory of God alone.Read further at our ABOUT US page and the CRCna page of beliefs.